Re: ISDN, etc.

Richard Cogger (EST)
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 11:27:14 -0500

Right, audio requires 32K of *payload* per second and is very sensitive to
packet drops. You would probably be able to get audio if you close all the
receive video windows, or if you have only one open and that person caps
transmission at 10 or 15K. Future developments will include optimization
for 64K operation. One obvious thing will be to have reflectors give
priority to audio. Otherwise, we expect a lower bitrate encoding (but you
may need a powermac to run it), some forward error correction, and yes, a
postage-stamp size option at a low frame rate. -Dick