Re: LocalTalk (was: Odd results)

Ken Latta (klatta@merit.edu)
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 08:44:37 -0500

Local talk is about 256K but that's a shared medium so
there's plenty of potential to suffer bottlenecks.
Another problem involves the device that connects your
localtalk network to campus ethernet; they too can get
overloaded and drop your performance.

By the way, considering the season, any chance of a live
feed from one of the Frozen Turkey Bowling events being
held around the country?

Ken Latta, Merit Network, Inc.
NSFNET Project, Internet Engineering Group
1071 Beal, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2103
313.936.2115 voice, 313.747.3745 fax
klatta@umich.edu, USERLFQF@umichum.bitnet