RE: Cameras, video capture, source code

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 00:03:56 -0500

At 19:39 11/22/94, Steve Loboyko wrote:

>I would like to see specs on the Mac QuickCam camera. How does it send video
>serially? what resolution and fps? How many photosites? How the heck can
>they sell it at that price and make a buck?

The following is taken from conversations with the QuickCam project
manager: the QC is inexpensive (not cheap) because it doesn't require the
NTSC signal to digital converter. The QC generates digital directly. (Of
course now it's time for *someone* to post a message asking how they can
get the QC to output NTSC :-). Its optics and parts are all high-quality;
it's a good price because it does one thing well.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer; on