Re: Australian CU-SeeMe'ers - try our reflector site !

Geoff Rehn (EST)
Fri, 25 Nov 1994 03:21:45 -0500

At 4:45 PM 26/11/94, "Gary Kennedy, Manager Network Services"
<RXTGAK@rmitcc.xx.rmit wrote:
>RMIT has for sometime been running a reflector site.
>
>REFLECTOR.RMIT.EDU.AU (131.170.9.1)
>
>And this weekend 27-November we will be providing cross media
>connection for our MCT, UHF TV channel 31 'EPIC event'
>
>As part of the Experimenta platform, you will be able watch it all
>on the MBone and Cu-SeeMe service at RMIT. (Providing internet
>simulcast !)
>
>This service will be runnig all Weekend, so for non-Australian sites
>you are welcome to drop in and watch !
>

>Gary Kennedy,
>Manager, Network Services
>Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.
>(A University in Victoria, Australia.)

Is it "lurk only" or can we transmit? If we can transmit, any CAP on the video?
Will the reflector have Maven audio enabled?

---
This weekend, I will be taking home a 28.8 kbps modem to test.
One of the things I wish to test is the use of Maven by dialup, using the
16kbps option. I reckon I will get dialup audio going along with CU-SeeMe.

If anyone wishes to connect either 1-1 or via our Murdoch University reflector over the weekend, so I can test this Maven audio at 16kbps and low cap CU-SeeMe, please let me know.

I will have SLIP access from home.

best wishes geoff R.

--
Geoff Rehn
Academic Services Unit  Murdoch University