Re: Newsgroup

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Sun, 27 Nov 1994 17:25:29 -0500

At 11:56 11/27/94, Patrick Delahanty wrote:

>Has anyone thought of killing the mailing list and creating a newsgroup
>instead? alt.cool-software.cu-seeme perhaps?

I have written a Request for Discussion (RFD) and passed it around a few
months ago. There was no general excitement about migrating the mailing
list to a newsgroup at that time. If there's a change I can dig it out.

>I would rather see a newsgroup than the mailing list (so all the CU-SeeMe mail
>stops getting mixed with my other mail).

Rather than flame on about others getting a *real* net connection point,
maybe you should get yourself a *real* mailer. For $65 you can get the
costware version of Eudora for Mac or Windoze. Get the freeware
(non-filtering) version from ftp.qualcomm.com. Stop tossing stones in the
glass computer of yours.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
(2179 K) ftp.netcom.com:pub/ms/msattler/Marathon_Demo.sit
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer; on