Re: problem with CUSM preferences

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Sun, 27 Nov 1994 21:51:40 -0500

At 18:09 11/27/94, Jon Tower wrote:
>I've had this problem with last several versions, but have not mentioned it
>because it's more of a nuissance than a bug: Everytime I open Cu-SeeMe, it
>always comes up "Your Name", and I must re-enter my basic preferences. The
>only exception, odly enough, is if I close the program and re-open it while
>my PPP connection is still up. In that case, it "remembers" my preferences.
>But if I close the PPP connection, then re-dial and open Cu-SeeMe, I find
>it has forgotten the preferences. Strange... any thoughts?

Every time? I notice that each time I update the Nicknames file I'm
prompted for my name, but not in-between updates. Perhaps you should
delete your CU-SeeMe Preferences file, then start CU-SeeMe, and tell us
whether that helped. (I'm guessing that if you have an old or corrupted
Prefs file then CU-SeeMe may just silently pass over it.) Good luck.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
(2179 K) ftp.netcom.com:pub/ms/msattler/Marathon_Demo.sit
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer; on