Re: PC Vs. Mac

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Sun, 27 Nov 1994 22:43:35 -0500

At 18:40 11/27/94, Stephen Wight wrote:

>You don't have to support ALL the boards though. Soundblaster would give
>more than enough of an area at least to start with in compatibility
>terms. If not that, just the standard Windows MCI driver. If you used
>Borland C++ it has built in ways of talking to the MCI driver. Most (if
>not all cards) are compatible with the original SoundBlaster, if there is
>a place to start THIS is it.
>
>[Terribly long signature omitted]

You are correct. I'm sure that the PCers at CUSM have done their math and
come to their own conclusions. I have noticed that most games support the
Soundblaster standard.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
(2179 K) ftp.netcom.com:pub/ms/msattler/Marathon_Demo.sit
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer; on