Re: Newsgroup

David H. Brown (dhbrown@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov)
Mon, 28 Nov 1994 11:13:43 -0500

I second the motion. This list generates a lot of mail, and little of it
is time critical (at least for me). I would much prefer checking a
newsgroup once or twice a week, rather than wading through ~30 messages
per day interspersed among my "real work" (which, for better or for worse,
is not cucme).

Another option would be to "htmlize" the mailing list with something like
hypermail (http://www.eit.com/software/hypermail/hypermail.html) or
equivalent. Hypermail is freeware (for non-commercial purposes). This gets
around the problem of access for non-news users. Of course it does
require someone to administer it, which ain't free. Any other ideas
and/or support for moving this list off of direct-mail?

Thanks,
Dave

David H. Brown * The greatest minds are capable
Sterling Software * of the greatest vices as well as
dhbrown@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov * the greatest virtues.
ph# (202) 434-8954 * -Rene Descartes
fax# (202) 434-4599 * Opinions expressed are my own - dhb