Re: more suggestions....

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 17:28:06 -0500

At 05:28 11/29/94, Louis McDonald wrote:
>Is there a way to restrict IP addressing by a subnet.
>
>For example, I would like to only allow all addresses in
>the 130.221.176.* domain. I have over 50 computers in that
>domain so the the ADMIT option will not work. I also would
>like to not have to go to a private conference, even though
>this is another way to do it (plus if someone outside the
>domain gets the ID, then the "restriction" is defeated).

Read your router manual. It'll be chock full of horrid ways to restrict
traffic by IP, port, etc. Your users will love you.

>Also, if there is any thought into have text come through as
>a separate stream (as opposed to overlaying on the video), that
>would be great. It would also be nice to be able to freeze the
>video, but allow the text to come through....of course that
>is a lot of work to do.

Not that anyone at this agency can confirm or deny anything, but wait for a
short time.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
(2179 K) ftp.netcom.com:pub/ms/msattler/Marathon_Demo.sit
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer; on