Re: accessing a reflector "remotely"

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 17:28:12 -0500

At 06:10 11/29/94, dg@saturn.bloomu.edu wrote:

>Is it possible to access Cu-seeme reflectors from a remote site? We would like
>to do a demonstration at a site which is about 100 miles from our
>campus.

I use Cornell's reflector (in Ithica, New York) from my office in San
Francisco. Does that qualify as "remote"?

>We have a modem dial-in number to servers connected to the Internet on campus
>that can be accessed. We could also access the Internet via Delphi.

The use of low-bandwith-capable connections, like a modem, will of course
not do justice to any demonstration. You'll need ISDN or a
direct-connection to chew through the audio and video.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
(2179 K) ftp.netcom.com:pub/ms/msattler/Marathon_Demo.sit
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer; on