(Fwd) Cu-See-Me software with rt300 for pc

Gerrit Thomson (GERRIT@bedrock.ls.swin.edu.au)
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 11:56:11 -0500

Hi Folks,
I just received this response from creative labs regarding the
use of cuseeme with the new rt300 video blaster card.

Date: 29 Nov 94 19:01:29 EST
From: Veronica Reed <74431.3502@compuserve.com>
To: Gerrit Thomson <gerrit@bedrock.ls.swin.edu.au>
Subject: Cu-See-Me software

Gerrit:

I have checked into your question on Cu-See-Me software. The RT300 will not
work with Video For Windows 1.0. If Cu-See-Me requires Video for Windows,
then the RT300 will not work with it.

: Veronica [CLI] Tech Support

=================
The qusetion for me now is will cuseeme for window be written
for vfw 1.1 specification so that newer cards like this can have a
chance of working. Apparenlty the vfw1.1 spec does include the
setting of colour depth or the pallette.
Cheers,
Gerrit Thomson
Educational Computing
Learning Services