Re: user pays and bans on CUSM in Australia

Scott Brim (swb1@cornell.edu)
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 13:53:59 -0500

Speaking personally, I'm glad to comment. It is vitally important that
the Internet be placed on a clear economic basis -- right now it's
economic base is, well, confused, throughout a lot of the world. I
think it's great that AARNET constituents have an agreed-on financial
plan which makes it very clear to the end users just how much it costs.
Whether it should be usage-based is another question, but if you all
agree then there is nothing wrong with the method you describe.

...Scott