Re: Newsgroup

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 14:26:03 -0500

At 02:06 11/30/94, SurfVH wrote:
>>At 02:03 11/29/94, SurfVH wrote:
>>
>>>Yeah but then we'll have to PAY for it....
>>
>>How so? As a netcom subscriber you get a USENET news feed as part of your
>>subscription fee.
>
>Sorry, I was replying to the other post, talking about purchasing the
>commercial version of Eudora. And that, we'd have to pay for. (As opposed
>to the freeware version I'm using now, that doesn't have limiters.)

That's true, but someone has to pay for Steve Dorner's time. It's a great
product put out by a really great guy. He keeps it up-to-date, doesn't
nickel-and-dime you for updates, responds to bug reports, and keeps you
compatible with the latest and greatest email standards worldwide. Worth
the $65 they're asking. Barely twice the usual shareware fee, which I know
y'all pay.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
(2179 K) ftp.netcom.com:pub/ms/msattler/Marathon_Demo.sit
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer; on