Re: The 2 MAC versions

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (EST)
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 15:12:37 -0500

At 05:15 11/30/94, benn@mv.MV.COM wrote:
>When I ftp to cornell to get CU-SeeMe for the Mac I see two file to choose
>from: a 68K and A PP file.
>
>Can anyone tell me how they differ and how to determain how to choose?

Certainly! The "68k" file refers to the Motorola 680x0 CISC processor,
used my all Macintoshes except the PowerMacs. "PPC" refers to the Motorola
60x RISC processor, known as the "PowerPC" chip, and is used only by
PowerMacs.

You choose depending upon which model Macintosh you own.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
(2179 K) ftp.netcom.com:pub/ms/msattler/Marathon_Demo.sit
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer; on