Re: QuickCam for Windows

Matthew Sanderson (matthews@noc.tor.hookup.net)
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 14:45:54 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Orlando Turrietta wrote:
<snip>
> with the QuickCam for Windows. I downloaded the software but get a function
> code error when I try to install it. I am waiting for White Pine support to
> let me know what to do next. I suspect it is a problem with the Alpha
> software going in an infinite loop in one or more of its modules. Another
Yes -- the installer said it couldn't find a TCP/IP stack, even with Trumpet
Winsock running, and TCPMAN.EXE and WINSOCK.DLL copied to the \WINDOWS dir
('tho other software doesn't care *where* the executeables are). Finally I
told the White Pine alpha installer I had *no* TCP/IP stack, and it got past
the error. No comment on program itself: so far as a 14.4 receive-only, can't
see the benefit.

/ Matthew Sanderson CS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
\ http://www.hookup.net/~matthews /