RE: Reveal Video Cards and Compatability

Alfred Coward (alfredc@Onramp.NET)
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 14:21:42 -0600

I'm not sure what a VE500 card is but, I am currently using a Reveal =
TV500 with the new alpha software from white pine. It seems to work ok. =
You are correct, it only uses 8-bit video. If you change it, it will =
change back and give you a message that it doesn't support hi-res yet. =
As far as installation, I just ran the install program and answered the =
questions. I had to select inverting the video. =20

----------
From: Tab O'Neal[SMTP:tab@inmind.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 1995 12:05 PM
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: Reveal Video Cards and Compatability

I've seen alot of messages about Reveal but no real solutions. I=20
use a VE500 card which has 16 and 24 bit resolution. When i=20
start up cuseeme it says there's an "incompatable function." I=20
notice that when the error msg comes up cuseeme is checking the=20
digitze palette. I read somewhere that cuseeme is 8 bit only. Is=20
that correct? Can the VE500 card be adjusted down the be=20
accepted by cuseeme? Is there a higher resolution cuseeme in=20
development?

I use a: 486sx33, 8m ram, win95, soundblaster and the ve500.

Thanks, Tab O'Neal

Alfred H. Coward
alfredc@onramp.net
http://rampages.onramp.net/~alfredc