[*] was: Re: Cuseeme wont let go of my modem

Matthew Sanderson (matthews@noc.tor.hookup.net)
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:49:39 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Nov 1995 rjs@ids2.idsonline.com wrote:

> I am having a problem when viewing with Cuseeme. I have as does my ISP a
> USRobotics 28.8 modem. After being on a reflector I will disconnect and
> close Cuseeme. I then cant do anything till I disconnect from my ISP and
> call back. My modem lights, send and receive, keep blinking off and on at
> the same time. Is there something I can change in the modem configuration
<snip>

Dial-up users have always had (at least in Win ver) a "packet storm" that
persists for up to 30 seconds after disconnecting from a reflector. If you
were using Trumpet Winsock I would say turn on Trace and watch the packets
continue to flow (apparently from a backlog at your ISP). Can't advise W95
but in general, give it at least a minute for the lights to go off then
try another reflector. Note: this problem is not as bad now as it was.

/ Matthew Sanderson CS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
\ http://www.hookup.net/~matthews /