UDP proxy for user behind a firewall

MORENO BORSALINO (Moreno.Borsalino@CSELT.STET.IT)
Wed, 08 Nov 1995 11:34:36 +0100

Many mails ago Bob Quinn wrote the following words :

>> I have a "firewall" between my Internet connection and our
>> local net. I run "SOCKS" on it for security.
>>
>> Is there any interest in adding "SOCKS" support to CU-SeeMe?
>
>Version 4 of the Socks protocol--the current de facto standard--
>is connection-oriented, so it cannot forward the datagrams (UDP
>packets) that CU-SeeMe uses. Socks Version 5, currently in
>draft form on the IETF's RFC track, does provide UDP forwarding.
>
>Regards,
>--
> Bob Quinn rcq@ftp.com
> FTP Software, Inc. No. Andover, MA

well, I downloaded SOCKS version 5 (beta) and I'm trying to compile for
Solaris 2.4 but I have problems. In the package there is a faq in which is
mentioned a UDP relayer (ftp://ftp.wang.com/pub/fitz/udprelay-0.2.tar.Z). I
think is possible to use it as UDP proxy, but my tests were unsuccesful.

Anyone in this list has tried to run socks5 or udprelay with CuSeeme ?

Regards,
-Moreno

-----------------

CSELT (Centro Studi E Laboratori di Telecomunicazione) S.p.A.
V. Reiss Romoli, 274 10148 Torino (ITALY)
http://www.cselt.stet.it

Ph. : +39 11 2286823
Fax : +39 11 2286862
E_Mail: moreno.borsalino@CSELT.STET.IT