Re: [W] CU-SeeMe and CompuServe

Andrew McLaughlin / Info Sys Group (u2443@shurflo.com)
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 11:09:58 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, Noel DANJOU wrote:
> I'd like to know if it is possible to use CU-SeeMe between two members of
> CompuServe (I think over MSN is not possible in France for the moment.) ?
> If the answer is yes which IP address or DNS to use on each side ? Should we
> use our e-mail adress like this 75240.1046@compuserve.com ? Is there special
> configuration to do when using PPP instead of direct Internet link ?
> TIA for any help about that.

I think that the way you do it is you have to know what each other's IP
address are. Of course these are dynamically assigned by compuserve's
servers. If you can contact each other, perhaps at a common reflector
first to exchange IP address, then break and reconnect to each other that
will work.

I don't know it this will actually work, but I've heard bits and pieces
of people talking about how this is supposed to be doable. Good luck...

Andrew

| Andrew McLaughlin | Shurflo Pump Mfg Co |
| Senior Programmer | A Wicor Company |
| andrew@shurflo.com | Santa Ana, CA |
| andrew_page@shurflo.com | "At Shurflo, we REALLY suck!" |