Re: CU-SeeMe and Color vs Black & White

Bill Ryan (bryan@wpine.com)
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 08:02:15 -0800

>On Tue, 7 Nov 1995 chas@chas.com wrote:
>> The color situation confuses me. I took a look at ABC's web page which
>> displays color pictures. My questions are:
>>
>> 1.] Can CU-SeeMe produce color pictures?
>
>CU-SeeMe is spec'd at 4-bit video. It's kinda hard to fit much color in
>16 colors...

Color video support (256 color) is one of the many value added features
White Pine will be bringing to CU-SeeMe.

Bandwidth useage for color "should" remain at the same level required by
current greyscale and possibly even lower - still in preliminary testing.

Bill

Bill Ryan (bryan@wpine.com) "Keeping You Connected"
Principal Software Engineer "CU-SeeMe Master Licensee"
White Pine Software, Inc. http://www.wpine.com
40 Simon Street CUSeeMe: 192.80.72.4
Nashua, NH 03060 PH: 603-886-9050

"One can resist an invasion of armies, but not an idea
whose time has come" - Victor Hugo