Re: (no subject)

Sue Fawcett (sfawce@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 07:58:14 -0600 (CST)

Someone recently posted a message concerning using a software application
known as "Speed Doubler" which helped in running CU-SeeMe with a slower
modem. It's packaged along with RAM Doubler and Conflict Catcher for a
total cost of $99.00. This might help your situation, also.

On Thu, 9 Nov
1995, Andrew McLaughlin / Info Sys Group wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, tom morrow wrote:
> > 2. When I start cu-seeme, and a video window opens, why does it takes so
> > long for the complete video image to appear in the window. Most times I
> > get part picture and part words....in a jig-saw puzzle looking
> > display...showing a little of each.. I am running a DX80 with 8 meg of
> > ram (486 of course). I am running the windows version...
>
> Sounds like you suffer from a slow speed connection. The modems the
> culprit here... If you're only running at 14.4k or less you probably are
> losing a lot of packets...
>
> Andrew
>
> +------------------------------+-------------------------------+
> | Andrew McLaughlin | Shurflo Pump Mfg Co |
> | Senior Programmer | A Wicor Company |
> | andrew@shurflo.com | Santa Ana, CA |
> | andrew_page@shurflo.com | "At Shurflo, we REALLY suck!" |

Sue Fawcett
B.A., M.L.I.S.
Email: sfawce@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu
State of Texas Law Librarians' Home Page:
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~suefaw/