Re: help needed for power mac

Andrew McLaughlin / Info Sys Group (u2443@shurflo.com)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:45:37 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, Fred Wynn wrote:
> I have been trying to use cuseeme for some time now and well, although I
> can initially use it, i have some problems which seem to crash my mac here.
> I get on most occasions a system error 7 and then the mac crashes - and I
> then have to restart the mac over again.
>
> I am using the following software :-
> Computer - Apple mac performa 5200, power mac
> MOdem, Global Village, 28,800
> Mac tcp - version2.0.6
> Config ppp2.0.1

Have you disabled all inits and cdevs? The only ones you need are:

QuickTime 2.0
QuickTime PowerPlug (for PowerMac types)
QuickCam video
QuickCam audio
MacTCO
ConfigPPP

Try honing it down to this and see what happens...

> I read you can get something called 'open transport'. Can you tell me what
> this is, and if I need this where do I get this from.

I've heard that OT is still quite buggy and should be avoided for now...

Andrew

| Andrew McLaughlin | Shurflo Pump Mfg Co |
| Senior Programmer | A Wicor Company |
| andrew@shurflo.com | Santa Ana, CA |
| andrew_page@shurflo.com | "At Shurflo, we REALLY suck!" |