Re: Prob: Disconnect does not work :(

Matthew Sanderson (matthews@noc.tor.hookup.net)
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 15:38:56 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Nov 1995, Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
<snip>
> I have a 14.4k connect. Receiving and sending with CU-SeeMe does work
<snip>
> I click DISCONNECT. Great, the CU - control window says Disconnecting
> from ... But (I have an external modem allowing me to watch the
> siganl LEDs) the modem keeps sending and receiving CU data. Only when
<snip>

Dial-up users have always had (at least in Win ver) a "packet storm" that
persists for up to 30 seconds after disconnecting from a reflector. If you
are sing Trumpet Winsock I would say turn on Trace and watch the packets
continue to flow (apparently from a backlog at your ISP). Can't advise
for any other Winsock, but in general, give it at least a minute for the
modem's LEDs to stop blinking, then try another reflector. Note: this
problem is not as bad now as it used to be -- reflector improvements?

/ Matthew Sanderson CS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
\ http://www.hookup.net/~matthews /