Re: can't connect!

Matthew Sanderson (matthews@noc.tor.hookup.net)
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 22:29:28 -0500 (EST)

On 13 Nov 1995, VERNON CHRISTOPHER wrote:
> I've recently installed Cu-seeMe and every time I try to connect to a
> reflector I get an error message "can't connect to <user.name.dom>", even
> reflector.cit.cornell.edu etc. I'm fairly sure that I've installed
> everything properly. I'm on a token ring LAN connected to the firewall
> machine with the DNS software (is my firewall causing a problem ?).
<snip>

You must allow UDP port 7648.
(The funny thing about finding this answer was that an extensive search
of the CU mailing list archive turned up lots of questions just like yours,
but no answer that I could find. I switched to a window in which Trumpet
Winsock had Trace UDP On (and CU was previously running) and there was
the answer!).

/ Matthew Sanderson CS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
\ http://www.hookup.net/~matthews /