Re: Windows PPP & CuSee Me

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@safb.af.mil)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 11:06:00 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, James T. Gambit wrote:

> Does CuSeeMe work across a dial up PPP connection ?
>
> Every time I try to launch CuSeeMe I get a message saying that the
> application can't find the SLIP access ?
>
> Any siggestions welcome, aside from get a Mac, I already have !
>
> This is my pretend machine.
>
> regards....

Greetings:
Nowhere do you mention what software you are using for your PPP
connection. But to answer your question, yes CU-SeeMe does work with PPP.
PPP, CSLIP and SLIP are methods of emulating ethernet packet
transmission. It appears that you might not be connected to your
internet service provider (ISP). Otherwise, your software might be
configured for PPP, but your login script (if any) might be telling your
ISP to use SLIP, instead!
Please give us ( me ) more information on how your configured, and what
your dial-in protocol is (PPP, SLIP, etc.) Also, include whether or not
you are able to access other WinSock compliant software, i.e. - NCSA
Mosaic. I should be able to give you a better answer.

Good luck...

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"