Re: Video problem

Andrew McLaughlin / Info Sys Group (u2443@shurflo.com)
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 10:02:42 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, Thomas A. Brogan wrote:

> I have a small problem with my video pop-up window. I am trying to get
> NASA TV. But the 8x8 blocks of pixels come in slow, although it looks
> as if the data is coming in fast. I never get a full image, many
> blocks remain greyed out. Does anyone else have this happen? My
> service provider is Netcom. I am using the winsock.dll that came with
> the Netcom software. I've tried using Trumpet Winsock, but I don't
> think it likes the fact that my IP address is allocated dynamically.

Thomas,

This is the nature of CU-SeeMe. The blocks are sent in random order, and
at 14.4k you're probably not getting the full feed. Check the stats
window under the NASA image and you'll probably see some reference to
packet loss. Given time the screen will complete. I've gone up to 28.8
since last week and the quality has improved, though it's not perfect.
Read the FAQ there's much more interesting things to be found (including
the answer to this question...)

Andrew

| Andrew McLaughlin | Shurflo Pump Mfg Co |
| Senior Programmer | A Wicor Company |
| andrew@shurflo.com | Santa Ana, CA |
| andrew_page@shurflo.com | "At Shurflo, we REALLY suck!" |