Re: IP Addresses

Matthew Sanderson (matthews@noc.tor.hookup.net)
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 03:13:04 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Barbara M. Gleason wrote:
<snip>
> Thanks for any advice and I am dying to try a one-to-one connection before
> I venture into the world of reflectors!

As contrary as it might seem, a one-to-one connection will be more difficult
than a reflector connection. Pick a well-known 24 hr reflector and establish
whether your setup, including your computer and communications link can give
adequate video (and possibly) audio -- then decide whether you want to invest
the money and time required to actually "videoconference". I've used various
versions of the program for well over a year (receiving only) and wouldn't
spend a dime on hardware until stability problems have been resolved.

/ Matthew Sanderson CS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
\ http://www.hookup.net/~matthews /