Re: ISDN is so cheap!!!

David Winetsky (dwinet@qal.berkeley.edu)
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 08:53:39 -0800 (PST)

My ISP is 19.95 for 19 hours and one dollar/hour after that up to 50
hours ($50), then no further charges for additional hours.

In other words, for heavy users, realistically you've got

25 bucks for the line
50 bucks for the ISP
1 cent per minute (I think) for business rate usage of the line (no
charge however on evenings and weekends). 1 cent per minutes is 60 cents
per hours. If you have, say 20 hours of that, it's 12 bucks, for a total of

25
12
50
=
$87 per month (give or take). Worth it to me but not what I would call
*cheap*.

Plus you're still paying for your old POTS line.

Cheers and please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Dave Winet