Re: ISDN is so cheap!!!

Amy Leung (amy@iohk.com)
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 11:58:23 +0800 (HKT)

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Andrew McLaughlin / Info Sys Group wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Andrew J Stevens wrote:
> > $5100 ($AUS) Once off Installation
> > $2000 ($AUS) Monthly fee based on upto 20% utilization.
> Shit! That's a bucket of money! Highway robbery!!! Why so damn much. Is
> this for Sydney? I guess Pacific Bell is figuring on many people signing
> up to keep the profits high...

We do have (sorry for getting a bit off topic for this list) the Ultimate
Highway Robbery here in Hong Kong.. recently our Telco has finally gotten
its way to obtain surcharge for use of regular telephone line for data, and
now for a dedicated regular telephone line to our ISP connected 24hr/day we
have to pay approx. US$500/month just to the telephone company for the
surcharge!!

It is rate independent so the same rate goes to 300bps modems <sigh> and
that's excluding what we have to pay our provider for our access..

Cheers,

/__ | / Internet e-mail: amy@iohk.com
__/ __| ______/ URL: http://www.iohk.com/UserPages/amy