Re: ISDN is so cheap!!!

Tim_Dorcey@cornell.edu
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 11:19:41 -0500

At 11:58 AM 11/25/95 +0800, Amy Leung wrote:
>On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Andrew McLaughlin / Info Sys Group wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Andrew J Stevens wrote:
>> > $5100 ($AUS) Once off Installation
>> > $2000 ($AUS) Monthly fee based on upto 20% utilization.
>> Shit! That's a bucket of money! Highway robbery!!! Why so damn much. Is
>> this for Sydney? I guess Pacific Bell is figuring on many people signing
>> up to keep the profits high...
>
>We do have (sorry for getting a bit off topic for this list) the Ultimate
>Highway Robbery here in Hong Kong.. recently our Telco has finally gotten
>its way to obtain surcharge for use of regular telephone line for data, and
>now for a dedicated regular telephone line to our ISP connected 24hr/day we
>have to pay approx. US$500/month just to the telephone company for the
>surcharge!!

Hmm, this is all starting to make me feel very comfortable about the US's
ability to compete in the global economy. Countries that continue to allow
the treatment of information flow as a cash cow are going to have a very
hard time keeping up (IMHO).

Tim
Tim Dorcey Tim_Dorcey@cornell.edu
CIT Network Resources (607) 255-5715