Re: compare T1 line,isdn,28k modem,14k modem

Roger Lee Boston (rboston@tenet.edu)
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 14:30:43 -0600 (CST)

Fred --

The reason some of us have high expectations is that we have EXPERIENCED
high performance down as low as -9600- baud (!) with POTS connections ..
I have experienced full duplex A++ quality sound along with an active
WHITEBOARD and including full duplex COLOR VIDEO at about one frame per
second .. at 9600 baud on a hand held cell phone. However that was POTS
and not a networked connection -- still it hints at what may someday be
possible even via networking don't you think?

Roger Boston
HCCS Distance Learning
http://tgcccc.hti.net/HCCS/rb1360W.htm

On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, Fred Salerno wrote:

> I couldnt have said it better myself, including the toilet paper roll part.
> Some people dont understand the limitations of the modem.
> They understand it takes a long time to download a big file, but they
> expect color video and audio on a 9600 baud modem.
>
> On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, Dale Littlejohn wrote:
>
> > Lets try this one,
> >
> > Cuseeme tries to send video at 30 frames per second.

.. rest <snipped>