Re: ISDN

Andrew McLaughlin / Info Sys Group (u2443@shurflo.com)
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:16:48 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 26 Nov 1995 ryans@pce.net wrote:
> How do I find out about ISDN and who provides it?

Depends on who your local Bell is. Call the number on your phone bill...

> If I was connected through ISDN would I need an Internet provider?
> Not relevant to this group, where can I find information about directly
> hooking up to the internet without a provider, with my own machine as a
> server.(mail me direct)

By it's very nature, everyone needs an ISP. It's doesn't matter how big
you are PSU, uunet, HLC et al you always need to find some other network
to connect to. To find a list of ISP, check out http://www.yahoo.com and
search from there...

Andrew

| Andrew McLaughlin | Shurflo Pump Mfg Co |
| Senior Programmer | A Wicor Company |
| andrew@shurflo.com | Santa Ana, CA |
| andrew_page@shurflo.com | "At Shurflo, we REALLY suck!" |