From: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
To: CU-SEEME-L%cornell.edu
Subject: help
Date: Thursday, November 23, 1995 10:30AM

I just downloaded CU-Seeme for windows and already have my winsock.dll for
America online. I have found many IP addresses, but when I launch the
program
to connect to an address, I get an error message "Gethostbyname() failed()".
When I read the help menu, it tells me that I need to create a "host" name
by
creating a host file. I have no problem with creating this file, but I need
host IP address. HOW DO I GET AN ADDRESS?? Who assigns me an address.

Can you please help by responding with some info. I appreciate it.

Scott Morrison
SSSLurpee@AOL.com