RE: CU and a PC

Barry L. Lankford (barryl@hiwaay.net)
Mon, 27 Nov 95 22:17:36 CST

OK, sorry but you *are* wrong. With an ordinary video camera you *do*
need a video capture card, but with the Quickcam that is all built in
to the camera itself so you do *not* need a video capture card with the
Quickcam. It is also true that you do not need a video capture card to
receive images.

>Hi,
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong. According to the manual, to send video, you need a
>video card. However, this is not required to receive video images.
>
>Regards
>
>Ng Aik Pin
>ngap@scsxpo.scsnet.scs.com.sg
> ----------
>From: owner-CU-SEEME-L
>To: CU-SEEME-L
>Subject: CU and a PC
>Date: Thursday, November 23, 1995 11:39AM
>
>Hi ,
>I have gotten CU to work on my PowerBook520c and also on a PowerMac7100/AV
>with a Connectix QuickCam.
>
>I have a friend that would like to use CU also and he is using a PC. Since
>I am only familiar with getting CU to work on a MAC, can someone answer
>this question for me?
>
>"To send video (using a Connectix camera), is it necessary
>to have a video digitizing card installed in one's PC?"
>
>Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
>
>Joanne

Barry L. Lankford email: barryl@HiWAAY.net Amateur Radio: N4MSJ
Madison, Alabama, USA ICBM: 34deg 41min 52.2sec N, 86deg 45min 34.2sec W
WWW Homepage: http://fly.HiWAAY.net/~barryl/index.html (under construction)