Re: Need help with CUSM and Thinkpad 760

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 02 Nov 1996 17:40:53 -0600

At 12:09 PM 10/28/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm new to the list, so perhaps the question has been asked before. I did
>some searching of archives and FAQ's and did not find the information I
>need.
>
>Though I'm fairly familiar with CU-SeeMe on the macs, my boss asked me to
>get his ThinkPad 760 (running win95) up and running with it. I've got it
>to receive ok, but I can't get video into the local window (or to send)
>using the internal video digitizer. From what I read, if it will support
>video for windows, and it does, it should work with CU-SeeMe - is that
>correct? I just get horizontal scratchy lines and no recognizable stucture
>to the video - looks random.

I'm not familiar with the thinkpad, but you will need more specific
information on the internal video digitizer card to get it to work with CU,
if it's possible.

>Anyone have a method to get the digitizer and CUSM talking to each other?
>Am I doomed to failure? If so, what are the prospects of using the thinkpad
>with a color connectix camera? From what I've read it looks as though you
>should be able to do it, but I'm looking for success stories. :-)
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Kevin

A quickcam should work just fine on the thinkpad. As someone else here
pointed out, you may have to connect another keyboard to it AFTER plugging
the Quickcam's power cord into the external keyboard plug. Some laptops
disable the built in keyboard when something gets plugged into the external
port.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe