Re: My problems. (gethostBYname)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 02 Nov 1996 19:12:43 -0600

At 06:27 PM 10/29/96 -0800, you wrote:
>To whom may help me,
>
>(Maybe you've responded to this message before. If so, please forward a
copy of
>your help again. I'm signed up to the list through another email address
now so
>I can communicate with the list.)
>
> I get the error "GetHostByName() failed(0)". My internet provider is
>Sprynet. I have an AMD 586. I have a hosts file with "127.0.0.1
> Roel Zylstra" in it. My host file is in the path
>"c:/sprynet/bin/hosts". I've also tried the hosts file in the path
>"c:/sprynet/tcp/hosts", this is the path that has winsock.dll. I've
>only got one "hosts" file. I'm using Quickcam from Connectix. What's
>going on?
>
>Roel Zylstra

The HOSTS file isn't the problem, here. You are trying to connect to a
reflector by using a name instead of entering the IP address for the
reflector. Perhaps you typed the name incorrectly, or the name was given to
you incorrectly. Get the IP address for the reflector, and enter that
instead of the name.

There is a pretty current reflector list on my web page.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe