Re: problems when I try to disconnect from site

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 05 Nov 1996 12:00:56 -0600

At 06:59 PM 11/4/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi All!
> I hope you can explain and help me with my latest problem as
> I travel the cu-seeme wave....
>
> When I log onto a site, (not using enhanced cu-seeme, but vanilla cu)
> and I try to disconnect, it automatically keeps re-connecting me.
>
> This is most noticable at any of the NASA sites, but I have also found
> it in a few other ones. Before I can even reconnect to a new site, I
> find I am active again in the one I just disconnected from.
>
>Is this a "known feature" <g>, or am I doing something wrong that you can
>help me with?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help again!
>
> peace, ..Zoe
>
> "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!"
>
> http://www.whidbey.net/jlg ~ jlg@whidbey.net ~ Zoe ~ Island lady

Check your receive settings. If you have no video device, read "How to fix
the Cornell version" from my web page.

Also, when you disconnect, wait about a minute before trying to go to
another site. The data is backed up and still coming to you for a while,
and that's what makes it reconnect you to the last place.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW