Re: Desde ARGENTINA

Mike Pelletier (mikep@comshare.com)
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:39:39 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Trione Gustavo Fabian wrote:
> Hola a todos.
> Que tal, estoy provando el soft, yo no tengo la camara QUIT CAM, pero
> puedo ver, desde algun server, a gente.
> Mi preguna es: Hay alguna forma de oirla tambien?
> Otra cosa, todos los que veo, los veo en banco y negro, Los puedo ver
> en color?

Yes, you should be able to get audio, as long as the person sending has a
microphone attached to their system and you have speakers to play the
audio. You should be able to tell who has one based on the small
"microphone" icon -- if it's not "X"ed out, they can transmit audio.
Also, there's two ways to send audio - "PTT" or "Push To Talk," like a
walkie-talkie radio, or level activated. Depending on how the remote
users are set, the audio will work a little differently.

To see color, you would need to buy the commercial version of CU-SeeMe --
the freeware version doesn't support color. And, of course, the people on
the other end would have to have color cameras, and the commercial version
too. And finally, you'd have to have plenty of network bandwidth in order
to transmit the additional data that color requires.

I hope this helps. Send me e-mail if you'd like me to try to write this
in fractured, rusty Spanish.

-Mike Pelletier.