Re: creating a CU reflector scanner

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 15:38:20 -0500 (EST)

Wowee, how funny. We were thinking of the same problem together but
separately. Yes, your method of having a program scan for the reflectors
is indeed better than mine eventhough it's much more complicated and
requires deep knowledge of how the reflector operates (while mine,
although simple, should be able to do the trick too).

If you do manage to pull something like this together, don't forget to add
the feature of allowing random users (visitors of the WWW page) to add new
reflector sites. Your way, the software should be able to automatically
detect this new addition as a valid or invalid reflector the instance it
is submitted by the user.

Catch ya later,
Ron