Re: Suggestion on the Reflector Problem Re: When

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 15:41:21 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Nov 1996 Tomkiewicz@aol.com wrote:

> Why can't a place be established at White Pine's, or Cornell's, or
> Bill Woodland's, Streak's, or other appropriate website where
> reflector operators could "register" that they are up/down, etc.,
> essentially real-time? This could probably be automated via
> reflector software patches that could be configured by each operator
> who would also have the option of not auto registering at
> all. Thoughts?

I personally don't think too many operators will actually sign-on/off
manually. Even if they WANT their reflector widely publicized they
won't be willing to do this manually every single time they open/close
shop. This is just my personal feeling. Of course, if this was
automatically done for them with the reflector software there would be
no problem whatsoever, but that would involve the makers who haven't
been doing much to rectify the chaotic situation for a long long time.

Perhaps now with VDO becoming a big threat (since they're now financed
by the more-money-than-God Microsoft), this concept of actually
listening to CURRENTLY LOYAL USERS' complaints/suggestions is plausible.

God bless you all,
Ron