Re: broadcating stills in place of live video

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 12:12:51 -0600

At 11:09 AM 11/11/96 -0000, you wrote:
>I'm running Enhanced CU-SeeMe 2.0 on a PowerMac 7600. I've seen people
>broadcasting a series of stills (ie. GIfs and JPEGs) in place of their
>video. How does one accomplish this? Could I loop a quicktime movie and
>broadcast it?
>
>curiously,
>
>Jotto
>

>Mark Barr
>mark@aristotle.net
>
>Frisbeetarianism, n.: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
>the roof and gets stuck.
>
>"I'm about to, or I am going to, die. Either expression is used."
> - Last words of Dominique Bouhours, Grammarian, 1702

On the NEWS section of my web page is information about, and a link to, a
program called IMPOSTER. This may be what the people you ahve seen are using.

A fully functional demonstration version of Imposter 1.1 is available that
is limited to 32 pictures. The demo version has the load and save functions
disabled, but supports copy and paste from other Mac applications.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW