Re: broadcating stills in place of live video

Ulrich Kliegis (Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de)
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:25:12 +0100

> Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 12:12:51 -0600
> From: "Bill Woodland (Squeek)" <wcw@bga.com>
> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: Re: broadcating stills in place of live video

> At 11:09 AM 11/11/96 -0000, you wrote:
> >I'm running Enhanced CU-SeeMe 2.0 on a PowerMac 7600. I've seen
> >people broadcasting a series of stills (ie. GIfs and JPEGs) in
> >place of their video. How does one accomplish this? Could I loop a
> >quicktime movie and broadcast it?
> >
> >curiously,
> >
> >Mark Barr
> >mark@aristotle.net
>
> On the NEWS section of my web page is information about, and a link
> to, a program called IMPOSTER. This may be what the people you ahve
> seen are using.
>
> A fully functional demonstration version of Imposter 1.1 is
> available that is limited to 32 pictures. The demo version has the
> load and save functions disabled, but supports copy and paste from
> other Mac applications.
>
> Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
> Squeek on Undernet IRC
> Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
> PC only. See no MAC, Hear no MAC, Speak no MAC.
> http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW

You may have seen people using CU-DOODLE written by Bill Neisius.
You move a transparent window around your screen, and whatever is on the screen in
that window is taken as the input for your outbound video channel.
Run an avi - file in that window, or place your favorite jpeg there
(some people surprise others with insights into their root
directories) , it is broadcast.

Ask AltaVista for where to get it. afaik, it is freeware, but dont
nail me on that.

Ulli

Don't flame me, I'm only the keyboard player...

Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de
http://kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Ulrich.Kliegis/Welcome.html

Ulrich G. Kliegis Phone: +49 431 331144 Fax: +49 431 331146