Re: Can't get CU-SeeMe to work!!!!

Fred (fgp@pipeline.com)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:16:19 -0500

----------
> From: George F. Budnar <u660901@csi.UOttawa.CA>
> To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> Subject: Can't get CU-SeeMe to work!!!!
> Date: Friday, November 22, 1996 9:38 AM
>
> I am running Windows 95, and I can't get Cornell CU-SeeMe 0.84b7 to
> work. I have downloaded and installed at least 3 times, but I still get
> the same errors, and doesn't metter if I am on line or not. The errors
> are the followings:
>
> -First:
>
> Gethostbyname()failed(11003)
> {not the GetHostName error}

Hi, George;
The Cornell Cuseeme is a 16bit program. It needs a 16bit winsock to
connect to the net. If you use Window95 dialer , must have Microsoft
winsock.dll in your window folder. if you use a different dialer such from
your provider you have to use thier winsock.
Hope this helps you.

Fred
fgp@pipeline.com