Re: ISDN ASDL etc.

Alex Watson (alex@pathfinders.com)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 16:30:50 -0600 (CST)

Exactly, my isp has oversold his bandwidth to the point where my ISDN
throughput is that of a 28.8. Sure, I have a little more punch than a
28.8 but my receiving is whatever a 28.8 could barely squeeze
through, which is way less than what it should be.

One other point. Cable companies offering bandwidth is a joke. They
cannot promise the megabits of bandwidth because them too will suffer the
bw problems of ISPS. Your megabits of bw will diminish as more and more
people (on the same cable as yours through the neighborhood) subscribe.

ADSL offers an advantage of offering you at least the advantage of
getting full bw usage to the switch or your isp. From there yer at the
mercy of your ISP.

alex