Re: cu-seeme and unix?

Sat, 1 Nov 1997 17:57:55 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, David Kuenzler wrote:
> does anybody know if there is a unix version of cu-seeme? I have an sgi
> indy with a camera and would like to use it to commutnicate with
> cu-seeme users.

There's a linux port of CU-SeeMe called Q-SeeMe at
http://www.pangea.org/~mavilar/qseeme/qseeme.html You may want to talk to
the author and see if you can help him with a port of it or something.

Outside of that, the only other way I know of to do that is with NV in
CU-SeeMe mode. NV can be found at
ftp://beta.xerox.com/pub/net-research/nv-3.3beta
You also need a reflector that allows NV. The older Cornell reflectors
support it (as well as White Pine 2.X reflectors). It looks like White
Pine didn't want to support NV anymore in their reflectors. (No NV
support in MeetingPoint). There's no easy way for NV to connect to other
CU users though. The CU users have to use a reflector which supports NV
then you can join it and see and be seen.
The older Cornell reflector is at
ftp://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/pub/CU-SeeMe/Reflector/4.00b3.dist