Re: APPS: Microsoft Netmeetin 2.1

Sat, 8 Nov 1997 16:53:54 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Ross Binnie wrote:
> Netmeeting 2.1 does allow for multiple connections. There are some
> limitiations with the use of White Board in multiple connections however.

It doesn't allow for multiple video windows at one time though. The odd
thing is, from what I've heard, H.323 does support multipoint conferencing
with the use of a multipoint conferencing bridge. I'm hoping something
better than the Netmeeting/MeetingPoint solution comes along since the
idea of switching the vids you see in Netmeeting with MeetingPoint is
really annoying.

Not to mention, you can't share text in the chat window across Netmeeting
and CU-SeeMe...another real annoyance. If you were able to share chat
across CU-SeeMe and Netmeeting, I don't see why the MeetingPoint reflector
couldn't show the lurkers and other non-3.1 clients as participants in the
H.323 side of things...It's also weird connecting with Netmeeting to a
MeetingPoint reflector because you never know exactly who may be watching
you.