Re: APPS: Microsoft Netmeetin 2.1

Sun, 9 Nov 1997 04:00:45 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Ross Binnie wrote:
> >From my perspective, uninvited participants are simply an intrusion in a
> private conference. Please excuse the spelling.

If you desire it to be a closed meeting, just don't advertise on the
directory server...The same is true for CU-SeeMe and those that advertise
on the Four11 server by default.

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Ross Binnie wrote:
> To each his / her own.
> I prefer point to point. It is difficult to conduct any sort of a
> conference when others just jump into the meeting.

Point to point has its advantages as well...Most of the fun I get out of
CU is meeting new people on reflectors (as well as friends on reflectors).
If you want to conduct a closed meeting on CU, you have to setup or find a
private reflector. I'm usually always willing to help out if you need a
small private conference on CU. At one point, I had a conference setup
for Hewlett Packard to conduct meetings on. (And contrary to White Pine's
new models..I didn't bother to charge money for it since it was a fairly
small conference and wasn't used very much)