5 minute Error

Mark Andrew Nassy (nassy@earthlink.net)
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 22:58:31 -0500

From: GSouthStar@aol.com
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: 5 minute Error

> I am useing a MAC performa, with CU-SeeME 87b3,and trying to use a Sony
> regular video cam, attached to a video-in card. The picture seems to work
>fine
> for 3 to 5 minutes, then i get the 11 error, and am locked up, having to
>totally
> restart the system. Are there special settings i should be using?

suggestions:

1, upgrade to mac os 7.6 or mac os 8. type 11 errors no longer cause your
computer mouse to freeze with either of these systems. type 11 errors occur
in system versions < 7.6.

2, upgrade ur aol software to 3.0 or higher.

3, if u have a geoport telecom adapter upgrade to version 3.x or higher.

4, upgrade ur sound manager control panel and / or extension.

5, turn off appletalk.

if these suggestions fail to solve the problem, try:

6, disabling all control panels and extensions that r not necessary for
cuseeme, ur modem (or telecom adapter), video capture board, and aol. then
connect with cuseeme. if u dont still have the problem u have an init
conflict. add the extensions and control panels back one at a time (some
may require u add a few at a time) until the problem reoccurs. when it does
reoccur that control panel or extension MAY b the culprit.

if this fails to isolate the problem, try:

7, check to c if u have any programs running like a daemon that is
conflicting with cuseeme.

8, if ur video capture board did not come with ur computer ask the vendor
if any software upgrades r available for ur hardware.

hope this helps.

Mark Andrew Nassy <MAILTO:nassy@earthlink.net>