Re: Some basic questions

Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:08:10 -0600

Kai Mengel wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a P133 with 48mb ram, scsi controller and a win tv Card from
> Hauppauge.
> Now i got a color cam which works fine with the hauppauge card.
> I have win95 and i get my internet connection with a ppp slip (33.6 k
> modem).
> Which software shoould I use to do cu-seeme ??? Which software supports
> color cams ?? Are there any shareware programms or do i have to purchase
> one ??
>
> Thank you very much ....
>
> Kai Mengel

All of the new versions support color, that is, allow a color cam to be
seen. But the WhitePine software is the only one that will allow actual
color pictures. If you want info on the Cornell version it is best if you
simply go to
http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/PC.CU-SeeMeCurrent.html
for the WhitePine version go to
http://www.wpine.com/
You will have to decide whether there is a real need for color.
There are many, many people who don't think color is worth the effort or
cost.
SLIP doesn't offer ther best service either.