Re: access control to conferences

Sun, 16 Nov 1997 16:36:34 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, as37as37 wrote:
> I have to secure access to CU-SeeMe-Conferences. That means, only some
> authorized people should participate in a conference, others should be denied.
> How can I manage this?

You can always set it up on a private ID. That prevents anyone from
connecting that doesn't know the ID. Another way to do it if you have the
IP addresses of all involved, is to setup a conference and admit all the
IPs (using the admit command) for the conference. You can also setup a
password on a conference if you're using the White Pine reflector.

> Where can I read about this topic?

The White Pine reflector manual comes to mind. Though that means you'd
have to be running a White Pine reflector. A PDF file along with sample
Enhanced Reflector config file files are up at
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/streak/wpdocsall.zip
The PDF file may help you out.